With biExport for SAP Lumira Designer and SAP Design Studio you can create wonderful PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and Excel worksheets very easily. End-users can trigger the generation with just one click, directly from the dashboard.
Recently customers have contacted us with two really interesting “refresh” scenarios:
With release 2.5, biExport supports both scenarios in a very straight forward fashion:
In order to make this work, we have integrated biExport with biAnalytics Office. This addon to PowerPoint, Word and Excel allows you to easily integrate data from SAP systems and a lot of other sources into the Office documents. Visit the official website for more information!
Reusing biAnalytics Office for the refresh feature has several profound advantages:
Now isn’t that a really deep integration of an SAP BI frontend and Microsoft Office?
Also, biAnalytics extends PowerPoint and Word to really easy to use BI self-service tools!
In the following I want to show you how the export & refresh scenario works with a real example:
1. This sample Lumira Designer dashboard allows for export to PowerPoint:
2. Which results in the following PowerPoint presentation:
3. This presentation can be changed, stored on disk, sent to colleagues and reopened at any time.
4. If the biAnalytics Office addin is installed, you will see it as a separate ribbon in PowerPoint. On the right of the screen, biAnalyitcs shows the visualizations and their data sources of the presentation. In my sample dashboard, I used a query is named ZBQ_COUNTRY and used it for a table and a chart:
5. When you click on the “Refresh” icon...
6. ... biAnalytics requests you to login to the SAP system, which provides the data sources (queries) of the dashboard:
7. If a query requires variables, biAnalyitcs will show a variable selection screen:
8. With an online system connection, you can transform the view on the query using the “Transform” icon. In my example I added some filters on “Country” as I was requested to compare only Belgium and Germany:
9. You can also add additional queries…
10. … and use them in additional visualizations, which can be edited via the standard PowerPoint chart editor!
I am really looking forward to your feedback on our new integration and self-service tool!